By registering for the HomeInspectIR™ online training course, you will receive access to over four (4) hours of coursework and experienced expert instruction by Peter Hopkins, who has personally performed thousands of Home Inspections and hundreds of IR Surveys of homes. The course is broken down into an introduction and four application segments:
1. Insulation Inspection is an introduction to science of reviewing residential structures for insulation deficiencies and air leakage, which will include review of sample projects. An insulated wall demonstration is set up for students to identify missing insulation and air leakage.
2. HVAC Inspection is designed to help students understand how cold room/warm room conditions can happen in a home and how they can identify and rectify these conditions with HVAC controls. Discussion will be made on evaluating air conditioning and heating equipment and students will evaluate a demonstration area for temperature variances and what that means.
3. Moisture Inspection is about what we see with an infrared camera when we look at the walls, floors and ceilings of a home, how to identify moisture using thermography and how to confirm moisture using a moisture meter. A sample lab will be set up for students to find wet spots and cool but dry spots that look like wet spots.
4. Electrical Inspection discusses the basic physics of infrared testing of electrical systems which will include review of sample electrical fault reports. Electrical demonstration panels are used to teach the reason for connection problems and what they look like, along with overloaded circuitry, and receptacle problems.
Watch this commercial on The HomeInspectIR for further review on the course: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSS-Qz67qlY
Approved for 4 CE Hours with the following associations:
- ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors)
- InterNACHI (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
- CREIA (California Real Estate Inspectors Association)